Saturday, 5 March 2011

The Beginning

Well here it goes ...

I have never been interested in blogging, tweeting or any other form of online communication. I guess I'm old school, I like to look people in the eye and read their body language as we talk to one another. I know a lot of my friends aren't interested in Facebook, Twitter or blogs so who am I going to talk to?

But as part of my first online paper (WEB101) with Curtin University I must connect and collaborate with my fellow students and so I have to get over myself and start putting down on paper - ooops not quite right - putting out into cyberspace my thoughts and opinions.

Well actually I should stop complaining right here as there is a purpose to this blog as I am going to use it as my learning portfolio.

"You will also participate in various learning conversations, either on the discussion boards, using online tools, or (for on-campus students) in face-to-face tutorials or labs.  In order to summarise, analyse and critically reflect on your learning throughout the unit, each week you are asked to create a portfolio entry in which narrates your critical thinking on either a task or conversation from that week."

It's my decision whether I share this blog with anybody or not but you never know what I encounter during the course of my studies may be helpful to others so I'm happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment